79 Polaris apollo problem
wayne
2005-02-04 00:03:09 UTC
I have a Polaris 340 apollo with twin carbs.It starts and idles fine and is
good at low speed but after about half throttle nothing.Let off the throttle
and it is fine.I changed points and condensers and cleaned carbs and fuel
pump.Could it be carbs are not set properly?Anyone have the specs for this
and anyone have any other clues to what could be the cause of this or have
had this problem.Thanks in advance.
r***@usa.com
2005-02-04 13:49:46 UTC
That sounds a lot like my old yamaha. DOes yours get worse after it
runs for a while? Mine will take you around the yard, or even up and
down the road anyplace froma few hundred yards to a few miles then it
starts bogging. The truley odd thing about mine is it seem to be
running really rich. When you give it more throttle it smokes like
hell. I am really at a loss on it. It it where running lean I would
have all sorts of ideas. If your is like this, good luck with it!

waybel
2005-02-05 23:57:40 UTC
Just took mine out this afternoon runs fine for a bit except for high
throttle bog . I stopped for a few minutes then it kicked but it wouldn't
start. checked plugs no fire.Left it for an hour then it had a little fire
but it still wouldn't start,will try it again tomorrow.Very strange,i think
its haunted
Goose Hunter
2005-02-06 17:29:16 UTC
This is a long shot and may be of no help. In a car if this were happening
I would think coil. Could it be the coil and have you ruled it out as a
source for decreased performance?
Goose Hunter

waybel
Goose Hunter
2005-02-06 18:42:41 UTC
Same problem I'm having with my mustang, I'm going to pull the fly wheel
and clean everything there and hopefully its just that.

Sorry I was of no help

Steve
Abbs
2006-01-23 03:27:10 UTC
Maybe check your fuel lines they may need changing also your carbs may
need to be rebuilt and presser tested