1979 Arctic Cat Jag 3000 F/C
lkay87
2005-12-28 03:17:05 UTC
I have a Jag and it runs good until you start giving it gas i thought it
was the car so i put a Mikuni round slide carb on it and mixed the gas now
it runs good until you give it full throttle and then it just cuts out and
dies like it a fuel problem but it still does this and i dont know what
the problem is can u help me
justhelpn
2005-12-31 11:07:44 UTC
hey i just bought a 78 everrest when i did it ran great just idealingbut
when i gave it gas it would run for a bout 40 - 50 feet then want to die
if i let off the gas it would stay running but when i went again it would
want to die. so what i did was took off the carb and cleaned the bowl and
there was a spring off the y flapper in side so my float was getting
stuckso if i were u i would check this if problems sound the same u can
email me if u need more info hope this helps u and if u know were i could
get a wireing diagram for mine that would be gr8 hope i could help u
Erick Ondich
2006-01-10 16:13:56 UTC
Post by lkay87
I have a Jag and it runs good until you start giving it gas i thought it
was the car so i put a Mikuni round slide carb on it and mixed the gas now
it runs good until you give it full throttle and then it just cuts out and
dies like it a fuel problem but it still does this and i dont know what
the problem is can u help me
I had the same problem on my 1980 JAG F/C. It turned out to actually be a
fuel problem for me. The main jet was completely cloged shut with varnish.
It would idle all day and go for a bit when i gave it gas but would die like
somebody turned off the key. I had the same exact symtom happen after i
cleaned it and put it back together but forgot to tighten the screws for the
gasket on the top of the carb. Maybe look for a vacuum leak, or the float
on the new carb might be out of wack and only letting a little gas in and it
is running the fuel bowl dry. Also check for a weak fuel pump.

Just a quick question for you... My JAG is oil injected, and the carb has
seen it's better days. What did you with the oil pump when you changed
carbs and pre-mixed the gas? Did you just disconnect the linkage and leave
everything in tact? If you run the oil injection dry is it possible that it
could be sucking air through the empty oil injection system?